These rules apply to any unaffiliated event or hire at Richmond Equestrian Centre, with the exception of if the centre is externally hired out. For affiliated events, the rules of the relevant affiliating body take precedence, however, where the relevant rule is absent, these rules come into force.
- All competitions are run under the relevant governing body rules for that discipline, unless otherwise stated.
- The judges’ and stewards’ decisions are final. Objections must be handed to the secretary in writing within 30 minutes of the incident, together with a £10 deposit which will be forfeited if the objection is not sustained.
- Owners submitting entries for their horses/ponies do so at their own risk and it is deemed a condition of entry that no liability of any kind be attached to Richmond Equestrian Centre or its officials in any respect whatsoever.
- Horses and ponies must be 4 years or older to be ridden at the centre.
- All horses should be vaccinated, and routine spot checks will be undertaken.
- First Aid cover will be available on site at all of our show jumping competitions and Paramedic cover at our cross-country competitions.
Rider Dress and Safety Wear
- Correct competition wear for the chosen discipline must be worn whilst competing.
- Riders should wear competition dress for all presentations of prizes.
- A correctly fitting hat conforming to the current standard per discipline must be worn when mounted. For information about current standards please refer to the relevant sport governing body. When jumping solid fences, the hat must be peakless.
- A correctly fitting body protector conforming to the correct current standard per discipline must be worn when competing over solid fences (e.g. cross country and arena eventing) and is advisable for all disciplines. For information about current standards please refer to the relevant sport governing body: British Eventing.
- Boots with a smooth sole and a small heel must be worn.
Respect for the Site
- Please ensure that you pick up any droppings or litter from around the lorry/trailer park before leaving. You may not skip out onto the Lorry Park, Field or anywhere else on site.
- No hay nets should be tied outside of trailers/horseboxes.
- No horse or pony is to be left unattended unless correctly secured inside the trailer/horsebox.
- Strictly no ATVs or motorbikes. If you have mobility issues, please contact us prior to the event for alternative arrangements.
- Spectators are welcome at all our events. All spectators must listen out for any instructions they are given, whilst on site, for the safety of themselves and our competitors.
- Well behaved dogs are very welcome but please keep them on a lead at all times and clean up any waste.
- All children under the age of 18 must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times.